Return to Transcripts main page

Nancy Grace

Nancy Grace Mysteries: Margaret Haddican-McEnroe

Aired August 02, 2013 - 20:00   ET


NANCY GRACE, HOST: I remember when I first heard about the disappearance of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe. I speak of her in the past tense because I believe that she was murdered. I do not believe that she simply ran off. And I say that for many, many different reasons, but most of all I say that because she left behind three children. One, Melissa (ph), was only 5 months old. The second was Emily (ph), just 22 months old. And then her oldest child was Sarah (ph), who was 8 years old at the time Mommy just disappeared into thin air.


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Margaret has not been scene since October 10th, 2006. From what we`ve learned from investigators, is that she was home around 1:30 in the afternoon. That`s when the last person to see her at home was her husband, Tim, told police, Hey, I left the house.

I had to go run some errands. I came back two hours later. Not only was my wife not there, but my baby was left at home by herself. My wife is nowhere to be found. You know, she has been known -- we have gotten into some rifts before. She has been known to kind of disappear for a little bit here and there. I didn`t think anything of it.

He waits two days, Nancy, to call police. That`s when the investigators come out and start their investigation.


ELLIE JOSTAD, HLN PRODUCER: So Margaret Haddican-McEnroe grew up for the most part in New Jersey. She was a really athletic kid, somebody who couldn`t sit still, according to her family. She was a big track star. She played soccer. She played basketball. And later -- and this is a woman who family said was really strong. As a teenager, she could even lift her father. She took up boxing and had a few amateur fights around the area. So just somebody who, you know, was really a go-getter, wanted to help people, wanted to be involved in everything.

She was adopted as a child, and once she got a little bit older, she wanted to locate her biological mother, establish some sort of relationship with her. So she did that. she managed to track down her birth mother, and they met and they had a nice relationship. It was something that Margaret felt she really wanted to do, was kind of fill in that blank in her life story. So she was able to do that shortly before she went missing.


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I can tell you that she had an Army T-shirt, that Margaret was, you know, not only an Army veteran but she was also a volunteer firefighter. They did find that T-shirt not too far away from her house just after Thanksgiving in 2006, on the side of the road. And it had not been exposed to the elements. So it had not been out there for very long.

So what it seems like is that someone could have possibly just thrown it out the window and not thought twice about it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now, this is what investigators are telling us. They won`t say how they know. Now, I don`t know if her initials were in the tag, if her name was written on it, but somehow, investigators know that that Army T-shirt does, in fact, belong to Margaret. They have been able to confirm it and say, Look, this was on the side of the road. This is something that we found. This is another piece to this puzzle.


GRACE: Now, at the time that Margaret went missing, I didn`t have children, but I desperately wanted children. And it struck me at the time that if I ever was blessed and lucky enough to have children, I would never, ever leave them, no matter what.

Then as the investigation went on, I became a mother. There`s no way that I would ever leave a 5-month-old child to be raised without a mother. I don`t believe it. I don`t believe she just disappeared the way it was reported to police.

Another reason that I do not believe Margaret Haddican-McEnroe took off and left her three children is because of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. First of all, her nature. She was inspired after 911 - - 9/11 to join the military. She was a hero. She actually saved lives as a firefighter.

This is not the kind of woman who would just take off and leave her children behind. No! This is a hero mom. She wouldn`t just leave them. It`s not her nature. It`s not in her to do this.


UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What would you tell her if she`s watching?

TIMOTHY MCENROE, MARGARET`S HUSBAND: To call somebody or to have somebody else call someone, anyone, but -- or just come home.


JOSTAD: Margaret Haddican was a volunteer firefighter in her community, her local town. And it was actually at a fire -- she was fighting a fire when she met the man who would later become her husband, Timothy McEnroe. He was also a volunteer firefighter from a different town, but they`d both been called to fight this garage that was on fire, a pretty major fire.

And at first, they just were friends. But then they realized they lived near each other. They started seeing each other more often just around the neighborhood. They would sometimes attend a lot of the same volunteer firefighter training and drills, so they just got to know each other that way, and it sort of evolved into a romance and then later their marriage.


PATRICK HADDICAN, MARGARET`S FATHER: She had come to our house, and she was wearing knee braces. She was wearing them on the outside so you could see -- actually see the knee braces. And she had asked me if I would take her -- she had made arrangements with an orthopedist, and she asked me if I would come pick her up and take her to the orthopedist when she was going to have the surgery. And it was going to be in about a week or two from the day that she was visiting us.

And I said, yes, I could do that. I was wondering why she was asking me, but -- so I agreed to it. And during the conversation -- it was shortly after a little bit of a quick conversation and she got my agreement, she was on the phone. And she was pacing around, and it was fairy obvious she was agitated over something. And I don`t hear that well, so I wasn`t quite sure what was going on, what the conversation was.

So I asked her, What were you -- or, Who was that, I said? And she said, That was my bleeping husband. I`m going to divorce him, or I should divorce him. I don`t remember the exact words, but one of those statements. And that was about it.

That was the last time I saw her, was actually during that conversation. And that last statement was the last I`ve heard or talked to Margaret.


GRACE: Also, if you take a look at the day of her disappearance forensically, she leaves behind her cell phone, her pocketbook. She is supposed to leave without even taking her heavy coat? This was in October, in the Northeast. It was cold, cold, cold the day that she went missing. I just don`t believe she would leave her vehicle, her coat, her pocketbook, her cell phone, all of that behind in the home, leave a warm cozy home? For what?

JOSTAD: The day that Margaret Haddican is believed to have disappeared by all accounts seemed like a normal day. She talked her friend, Lisa (ph). This was a very close friend. They actually would speak four or five times a day. And they spoke that morning pretty early, a little earlier than usual, about 8:30 in the morning, talked for 20 minutes.

And her friend, Lisa says, you know, aside from the early hour, there really wasn`t anything unusual about the conversation. They both talked about, you know, what they had going on that day, errands they needed to run, go to Target, pick up diapers, that kind of thing.

They discussed getting together at some point so that Margaret could pick up some baby clothes she was going to borrow from her friend Lisa. And you know, Lisa says just a regular conversation. She seemed upbeat. She seemed normal. Nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary in that conversation.

GRACE: Mother of three Margaret, 29 at the time, goes missing on October 10. That was a Tuesday. It was in the afternoon, around 1:30. Her husband says that he leaves the home to run errands, to buy formula that he says she asked for, and to stop by his job.

He gets home about an hour-and-a-half later, and in the home he finds Margaret gone, cell phone, pocketbook, car, coat all still there, and her 5-month-old baby girl Melissa unattended in the home.

Now, this is a woman who has saved lives with the fire department. She knows the dangers of leaving a child home alone, much less a 5-month- old. So this mother heads out in the winter temperatures without a coat, not in a car, no cell phone, no pocketbook, and she`s just to leave her 5- month-old home alone?

I don`t buy it. I do not believe that`s what happened.


GRACE: Now, the other two children were not at home. The 8-year-old conveniently was at school, who would have been able to articulate anything that she saw. The 22-month-old, Emily, also not at home. Only the 5-month baby girl at home, little Melissa left alone.


EILEEN HADDICAN, MARGARET`S MOTHER: I spoke to her the Monday before she went missing. She had called me during the day and she asked if she could bring the kids over the next day. And then I spoke to her again at night and said that -- and she said she wouldn`t be coming over that night, that she was coming over the next day, and that she would leave the kids and then go back and get some stuff because she had asked if she could stay with us.

We really didn`t get into that because it was a short conversation. It was more of a, Would it be all right if I came over with the kids? Could we stay for a while? Could we stay forever (ph)? And you know, I`ll be over tonight.

So that just leaves -- you have all night to talk about whatever it is. But then she had called and said, No, I won`t be over tonight, I`ll be over tomorrow with the kids. And that was the last time I talked to her.


VINNIE POLITAN, HOST, "NOW IN AMERICA": Margaret Haddican-McEnroe and her husband, Timothy, both volunteer firefighters. And they actually met on the top of a burning garage and ended up getting together and starting a family. She becomes a mother of three.

But when she goes missing, there`s a few things that just sound a little odd. Number one, 1:30 in the afternoon, her husband says he leaves the home to get some baby formula, which leaves Margaret at home with their child in the crib. He comes back 90 minutes later, and she`s gone, vanished, missing.

He also says there`s $11,000 missing. Now, what does he do? His wife is missing, $11,000 missing. Does nothing, waits two days to report his wife missing to the police. He says he waited two days because he was urged by friends who said, Oh, she`s going to come back. She`s going to come back. She`ll return.


PATRICK HADDICAN: She didn`t take her cell phone. Our understanding was that she had broken the cell phone.

EILEEN HADDICAN: The day before.

PATRICK HADDICAN: Yes, the day before, during this squabble that she had with Tim. She left -- supposedly, she left the children. We can`t see her leaving the children. That -- she -- from us -- from our point of view, she seemed to be a much better mother than some people might have thought. She seemed very, very concerned about her children. To leave her children, to leave the youngest one alone at home by herself just doesn`t seem to fit with the way she has been.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I haven`t been able to pinpoint the reason why the cell phone was broken. It was left in the home, along with her SUV when the husband, Timothy McEnroe, came back from running those errands at around 3:00 clock in the afternoon, the day that she disappeared.

Also remaining in the home were knee braces that Margaret had been wearing the day before, when she had gotten into an argument with her husband and left the house. Police were called to the house by the husband. They were not allowed inside the home. He said she that wasn`t around. Police felt no need to further investigate. She wasn`t there. No need to make any arrest...

GRACE: That doesn`t even make any sense. Why did the husband call police the day before?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They got into an argument. There was a domestic disturbance. Police showed up. Warren Township police showed up at the home.

GRACE: But he wouldn`t let them in? He calls police and he won`t let them in the home?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He would not let them in the home. He said she wasn`t there. Police say, well, if you`re not going to let us in and if you`re saying your wife isn`t here, there`s no need to further investigate.


JOSTAD: Margaret Haddican-McEnroe`s husband, Timothy McEnroe, left the house about 1:30. He was sent out to go fetch some baby formula. So he went on that errand, came back about 3:00 o`clock. When he gets there, he finds that his three little children, three little girls -- and at the time, they were just 5 months, 22 months and 8 years old -- the three little children, three little girls alone in the house, their mother, Margaret Haddican, nowhere to be seen.

But nothing else appears out of the ordinary in the house. Everything seems to be pretty much normal except for the fact that about $11,000 cash that was in the home that the husband had just gotten from a landscaping job is gone. Other than that, and the fact that their mother is missing, nothing else out of the ordinary at the house.

POLITAN: Another strange, strange fact in this one is that Margaret`s parents don`t find out that their daughter is missing until police call them a week later. And it`s not like the parents are estranged from Margaret. I mean, they`re trying to contact her during the week, calling her cell phone. They call the home and get through to Tim`s mother, and Tim`s mother says, No, she`s not here. Oh. Please tell her that we called -- not indicating that she was missing and that police were involved.

GRACE: Now, according to then 39-year-old Timothy McEnroe, the husband, Margaret`s husband, he says that he was told by Margaret`s friend not to report her missing, that if he reported her missing, that he, Timothy, would be in a lot of trouble.

So I guess his story is that his wife just went on a walkabout, that she just left, no car, pocketbook or cell phone, but just left, and that he should not report her missing.

Now, in the meantime, people call the home asking to speak to her, and they are told simply, She`s not here, or She can`t come to the phone.

Let me emphasize the husband, Timothy McEnroe, has not been named a suspect in his wife`s disappearance. Now, he waited two days to report her missing, seemed to suggest that she just went for a walk in the winter temperatures without her coat. But let me emphasize, he has not been named a suspect in this case.


GRACE: Very often when I investigate a case, I place myself or try to place myself in the position of the various players in the scenario. If your spouse goes missing, I would immediately call police, immediately, and not lose one hour because we all know statistics. The longer a kidnapper or a perpetrator has the victim, the closer they are to death. Every hour, every minute counts. So the first call would be to 911.

The second call would be to anyone I thought may have knowledge of the whereabouts of my spouse or my loved one. And then the third call would be to family.

I find it extremely interesting, very curious, very curious indeed, that Margaret Haddican`s family was not apprised that she was missing for over a week.


UNIDENTIFIED MALE: From what we understand, there`s no indication of a struggle at all in the house. All we knew was that Tim said that $11,000 was missing. That seems to be the only thing in which something was taken or anything was unusual about what might have or might not have been in the house.


GRACE: And as a matter of fact, let me point out that when the husband, Timothy McEnroe, finally did tell the parents anything, it was only after police had contacted them and said, Your daughter`s missing. He didn`t even tell them first. Police told them first, a week later, and then the husband calls.


GRACE: Interesting the husband Timothy McEnroe, allowed police to look in his vehicle. They did not have to obtain a search warrant for that. He gave permission.

Then a clue. A clue emerges. Around Thanksgiving, a police officer finds an Army T-shirt, a short-sleeved Army T-shirt that belonged to Margaret Haddican-McEnroe. It was found outside.

And interesting, it was not weathered at all. Margaret went missing, that we know of, around lunchtime while her 8-year-old daughter was at school. Around Thanksgiving time -- so this was about, oh, six weeks later -- her T-shirt, her Army T-shirt is found. It has not been out in the elements for six weeks. Remember, the wind, the rain, the snow in the Northeast. It was not exposed to all that, but a mile away from the home.


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: From talking to her, like, in the summer and September, October, I did not find that she -- she didn`t sound depressed to me. She was worried about the baby, but I don`t think she was particularly depressed. If Margaret was going to disappear, I don`t think she would leave the children.


JOSTAD: So just the day before Margaret Haddican-McEnroe went missing, there actually had been some sort of incident at the house, and her husband actually called police to report this domestic disturbance.

By the time police got there, Margaret Haddican-McEnroe had already left, and she`d actually just, you know, gone over to her parents to sort of vent about trouble they were having in the marriage.

But you know, it`s one of those things that at the time, her family said, didn`t seem like a real serious sort of disagreement. The family didn`t even really know what the argument was about. And you know, even her husband said it didn`t appear to be the kind of thing that would cause her to leave for good.

It seemed like just sort of a more run-of-the-mill disagreement, something that she might take a couple hours to cool off from, but nothing that would have sort of a lasting impact.


EILEEN HADDICAN: It just doesn`t make any sense to me. This whole thing doesn`t make any sense to me.

PATRICK HADDICAN: We hope that everybody watching the program will keep us in mind.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The adoptive parents are annoyed that it took five days for them to be alerted that she was missing, so they had gone a whole week before they knew that their Margaret was not around.


GRACE: Now, interesting, about nine or ten months later, after she goes missing, there was an extensive search at a quarry in the area. Cadaver dogs were brought, scent dogs were brought. Not only that, there was a very extensive search done with cadaver dogs and search dogs in the McEnroe back yard, in the victim`s own back yard.

So the search was done there and then at a nearby rock quarry. An extensive search was done for many, many hours. Then another search goes down. There are reports of this search -- and we`ve tried, but police and family are will not confirm this search occurred -- the following December at a scrap metal recycling plant.

And again, cadaver dogs were brought in. Scent dogs were brought in. We don`t know if that was based on a tip. We don`t know what they found. But there were multiple reports that the search of that scrap metal recycling area was done in the hopes of finding the body of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe.


GRACE: Granted, her husband, Timothy McEnroe, is absolutely not a suspect in this case, according to police. But I can tell you one thing. What you don`t want to wake up to is looking out your kitchen window and seeing the FBI in the back yard. The FBI entered this case. They searched an extensive area all the way up to one or two miles around the home, Margaret`s home.


PATRICK HADDICAN: We were told that she wasn`t there, not that she had been gone for five days and no one knew where she was.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So when the police told you and you discovered six days later, what did you do at that point?

EILEEN HADDICAN: I called Tim, who was down in Summerville (ph). And he called me back when he got back. And he said he had gone down there because the police told him he had to get a restraining order so Margaret couldn`t come back and take the kids, and that they had told him that Sarah couldn`t stay with him because he wasn`t a blood relative.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And this is the older daughter that...


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... your daughter had had from a previous relationship.

EILEEN HADDICAN: Right. And one of my daughters and I went over that day, and we brought Sarah back to our house.


JOSTAD: In 2007, there were a couple of major searches that seemed to be the first activity in a while in the search for Margaret Haddican- McEnroe. The first one was at a quarry area, and then also the McEnroes` own back yard.

Police say that they were led there. They won`t say why exactly. But there were reports -- and this was coming from a source that spoke to "The Courier-News." He said they had knowledge of the search, that dogs, cadaver dogs actually seemed to hit or find something suspicious in the back yard.

However, it was later determined that that might have actually been a false positive, that the dogs could have been reacting to something like a dead animal or chemicals, the makeup of the soil. They didn`t find anything, ultimately, that pointed them in the right direction as far as what happened to Margaret Haddican-McEnroe.


PATRICK HADDICAN: She`s a tough cookie, to use a gentle expression, but she loved her children.


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And you adopted her, didn`t you.



PATRICK HADDICAN: We have four children. The four are adopted. Margaret is the oldest.


POLITAN: In 2008, about two years after the disappearance of his wife, Timothy McEnroe was asked, you know, What would you want to say to her, if she`s listening, if she could hear. And he said, Come home. He wants her home.

He`s also indicated that -- publicly, that he would like anyone who has any information about what happened to Margaret to please come forward to authorities with that information.


PATRICK HADDICAN: As far as we`re concerned, we only have two choices. One, she abandoned her children, or there was some form of foul play. We really don`t know. We almost have to hope that she abandoned her children because the alternative would the be that she`s dead, and we haven`t accepted that.



JOSTAD: So Timothy McEnroe actually came forward and asked the public to help -- Help, if you know anything, please call me, call law enforcement. He just wants to find out what has happened to his wife.

And he actually also issued a plea as if speaking directly to her and said, you know, Come home. If you don`t want to come home, at least let somebody know what`s going on. You know, he said he wants to see her walk through that door and come back to him and their three children. But he says, you know, if she can`t do that for whatever reason, at least let somebody know where she is, let somebody know that she`s OK.

Unfortunately, that plea, four years ago, and still no real break in the disappearance of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe.


UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There`s this whole concept that if somebody disappears that you have to wait a certain amount of time before you report them missing. Most jurisdictions, most people seem to think that`s 24 hours.

As far as I can tell, that`s based on the Lindbergh law, which was passed in -- in -- as a result of the Lindbergh kidnapping in 1932. And that stated that if somebody hasn`t been recovered within 24 hours, it gives justification for the FBI to get involved in the case because 24 hours is plenty of time for somebody to have crossed state lines, making it federal jurisdiction.


GRACE: It was an extensive search. Helicopters were used. FBI agents were used. State law enforcement, detectives, K9s all brought in the radius of that home, up to about two miles into some very dense woods were searched by them. This case is not over.


MCENROE: I actually think that she wants to come back now, but she -- she might be afraid to. A lot of people are looking for her, and she might be a little freaked out.



GRACE: The search for mother of three Margaret Haddican-McEnroe was extensive. The 29-year-old was presumed to have been on foot when she left the home, leaving her 5-month-old girl there alone in the home, in the baby bed.

I recall the search. There was a search by helicopter. There was search by scent dogs, bloodhounds. There was a search by cadaver dogs. There was a volunteer search, police search on foot looking for her. Not only that, the family`s pool, her pool, was drained. A nearby pond was drained.


UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Twenty-nine-year-old Margaret Haddican was living a life anyone could be proud of. Army veteran, volunteer firefighter and mother of three was home taking care of her young baby on October 10th, 2006, when she suddenly vanished.

PATRICK HADDICAN: We have hope that she`s alive. It gets a little more difficult as time goes on. You keep hoping and you keep hoping and you keep hoping.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Husband Tim McEnroe says he left the home around 1:30 PM for just 90 minutes to go get baby formula, and when he came back, there was no sign of her.

MCENROE: I work locally, and I`m in and out a lot. And we had run out of baby formula, and I went to the store and got that and then came back. And I went back out and I did another job. And when I got back, she wasn`t here.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Margaret`s car, her cell phone and other personal items all left behind. Authorities say they continue to actively pursue leads, and Margaret`s family is not giving up hope. A $20,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the whereabouts of Margaret Haddican.


GRACE: According to her mother and father, they have no explanation, not even a clue, as to why Margaret would leave her three girls behind and leave and never, ever, ever contact them.

And they talk on and on about Margaret`s nature, who she was. I mean, this was not a "stay at home and knit" kind of mom -- not that there`s anything wrong with that. But this is a woman who took up boxing, who played soccer, who played basketball, ran track.

I mean, she could even pick up her 200-pound father. Very strong- minded, very fit. In fact, she met her husband as they were both battling a fire. I just don`t see this woman leaving on her own volition.


EILEEN HADDICAN: She joined in 2002 and went to -- South Carolina?


EILEEN HADDICAN: Ft. Jackson, South Carolina.


UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She was medically discharged in 2004.



PATRICK HADDICAN: She was a track vehicle mechanic, of all things for a young girl, and she was doing something and she smashed her thumb quite severely.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: But she became a stay-at-home mom after that, but also a volunteer firefighter. And during Hurricane Floyd, what did she do to help a couple survive?

PATRICK HADDICAN: There was a -- the fire department was requested by a dog kennel for assistance in getting the dogs out of the kennel. There`s a creek that goes by the kennel, and the water was rising quite rapidly and it was getting very high.

And Margaret and another young fireman were there. And all of a sudden, the water, I guess, crested and overwhelmed the bridge where they were and washed all four of them into the water.

Margaret grabbed the woman, the owner of the kennel, and tied herself and the woman to a tree. They were there for several hours until they were rescued by the Bridgewater rescue squad, a special water rescue squad. And she got a couple of awards for...




EILEEN HADDICAN: Her friend, Lisa, told me that she did go overnight, but she took the kids with her. And she would not have left her kids.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How bad was the fight the night before she went missing between she and her husband?

EILEEN HADDICAN: I think it was during the day and...


PATRICK HADDICAN: Well, there were two fights the day before. There was -- she came to our house after she had been to an orthopedist arranging for surgery on her knees for the following week. And she was arguing on the phone with Tim. That`s when she said that, That bleeping husband of mine, I`m going to divorce him.

And then the next day, from what we understand, there was another argument -- or that night, I`m sorry, after she left our house that night - - that she had another argument and that the police were called. We don`t know who called the police.


GRACE: Margaret`s husband was asked, If you could speak to Margaret, what would you say? And his response was, Come home. I wish that she would walk through the door, but it looks like that`s not going to happen. He has made multiple public pleas for her to come home.


MCENROE: It`s been over six-and-a-half years now. And the one thing is I follow every missing person`s case now, like, very detailed. And over the last year, there`s been a lot of people -- a lot of people found, like, alive, so that gives me some hope.

I mean, there`s only a couple of outcomes, and I just choose to pick the best one, especially with the kids and stuff because they constantly ask about Mommy.

When I came home, I had come home from work. I know some reports had said that I was out doing errands, but I was working that day. But I had worked locally, so I was always in and out of the house.

And in the morning, I had went out and get baby formula because I guess we ran out, and she called me to get that, so -- but that afternoon, when I came home, nobody was here except for my youngest daughter, our youngest daughter. And -- but that -- I don`t want to say it was -- that she left our daughter all the time, but you know, she`d take a walk outside just to cool off or walk down -- we had -- there`s a goat farm down at the end of the street -- walk down there and walk back. So I figured, you know, it was no big deal, you know?

But then as time started passing by, I was more concerned. And you know, there was -- her cell phone was broken prior -- like, days before all this, you know? And so she didn`t have a cell phone, so I couldn`t call it because she didn`t have it. And the car was in the driveway.

So I mean, basically, I don`t know. Either she walked somewhere or someone picked her up. That`s all I could come up with. I know there`s been some reports that Margaret couldn`t walk. And she had knee braces. She would ride a skateboard. She rode a week. She -- we were both active members of our volunteer fire company. Some of the reports that came out seemed like she couldn`t walk because she had knee braces on, and that`s, like, the farthest thing from the truth ever.

I think Somerset (ph) County Crimestoppers, along with our volunteer fire department and myself, we`re offering a $20,000 reward for really any information that, you know -- that brings Margaret back.


GRACE: Margaret Haddican`s children are split up. Her oldest daughter, Sarah, 8 years old at the time, is living with her parents, living with Margaret`s parents. The two younger children are living with their father, Timothy McEnroe. Why? The 8-year-old girl is the child of Margaret and another husband, and I guess, based on custody issues, that child is living with Margaret`s parents. So the sisters are not together.